At Ecomatters, we have strong experience in supporting the construction & building industry in finding areas for energy efficiency improvement, calculating carbon emissions, setting energy reduction strategies, and developing EN 15804 compliant environmental product declarations.
We support our clients with:
- Carbon and energy footprint calculations;
- Perform an energy audit on location, and create an overview of existing energy flows
- Complete ISO 14025 Type III, ISO 14021, and sector-specific EPDs following EN 15804 standards;
- Develop a quantified overview of your company’s energy saving potential for a short or long time period
- Execute certified LCA studies and LCA screening studies according to ISO14040/44;
- Design and support in corporate sustainability reporting systems, including strategy development and target setting (science based targets)
- Help you calculate carbon emissions under your direct control (scope 1 emissions) as well as your organisation’s indirect (scope 2 and 3) emissions.
Construction & Building
The building industry faces great challenges in the transition to a climate-neutral and circular economy. The built environment requires vast amounts of raw materials and is accountable for significant shares of the total European climate impact and waste. That being said, the building industry is also one of the leading industries in regards to talking about its climate impact. Specifically through industrywide uptake of sustainability assessment frameworks covering both the building and the use phases.
At Ecomatters we have many years of experience with frameworks, such as Environmental Product Declarations (EPDs) in compliance with relevant ISO standards and EN15804. We support a broad range of manufacturers that supply the construction sector with our services in this area. Additionally, we provide insights on the energy efficiency of buildings and help companies comply with the European Energy Directive (EED).
Many of our clients are also taking steps to make the construction industry more circular and biobased. We provide effective support in these areas using our extensive knowledge base on biobased building materials and their applications, regulatory compliance, recycling schemes and material recovery strategies.
Since we already see the effects of climate change today, the building industry holds great potential for realising climate adaptation. Ecomatters can support companies and governmental bodies in determining the impact and effectiveness of climate adaptation measures in buildings and urban areas. This includes, but is not limited to, reducing heat stress and water retention and infiltration.
Some of our clients in construction & building
Related News Items
Are you curious to more of our thoughts on construction & building? Here are some of our news articles related to the topic.