Whether you are a manufacturer, importer or downstream user of chemical substances, you are likely bound by the obligations of REACH (Registration, Evaluation, Authorization and Restriction of Chemicals). REACH is a part of the Regulation (EC) No 1907/2006.
Ecomatters offers support for REACH registrants as well as downstream users.
REACH for manufacturers and importers
Do you manufacture or import chemical substances from outside the EU in quantities above one tonne per year? Then you must register these substances.
Ecomatters can assist you in this process. We have extensive experience with REACH registrations and maintaining relationships with the European Chemicals Agency (ECHA), Substance Information Exchange Fora (SIEFs) and related consortia.
Depending on your needs we can take the full registration project off your hands or parts thereof, for:
- Preparation of (IUCLID) substance dossiers
- Performing Chemical Safety Assessments (CSAs)
- Drafting of Chemical Safety Reports (CSRs)
- Generation of Exposure Scenarios (ESs)
- Literature research and documentation
- (Q)SAR analysis, read across and grouping strategies
- Preparation of test plans and use of waivers
- Study monitoring
- Downstream user (DU) support
Formulators, re-fillers and professional end-users of chemical products must be up to date on REACH compliance. You must identify and apply the appropriate measures to control risks associated with the use of chemicals. Furthermore, if you place chemical substances, mixtures or articles on the market, you must not only consider the activities within the boundaries of your own organisation, but also those of your customers. To learn more about Downstream User (DU) responsibilities, please read our article “Downstream users of chemicals: are you aware of your REACH obligations?”.
Ecomatters offers a wide range of services including:
- Identification of your specific obligations
- Implementation of Risk Management Measures (RMMs)
- Downstream User Chemical Safety Report (DU CSR)
- Compiling of Workplace Instruction Cards or Safety Instruction Cards (WICs/SICs)
- Support in communication with your supplier
Subscribe to the Ecomatters newsletter to stay updated on chemical and sustainability-related content.
Related Case studies
Ecomatters performed the Product Environmental Footprint (PEF) screening study on decorative paints…
The Customer Benefit Model (CBM) is an Eco-efficiency method developed…
Call with our consultant
Do you want to know more about how we can help? Schedule a call with one of our consultants to ask your questions.