At Ecomatters, we have over 11 years of experience supporting companies in the chemicals and coatings business. With our long-standing relationships with companies like AkzoNobel and Teijin, we have a wealth of knowledge of the various product and process-specific sustainability questions, including calculating a company’s carbon emissions, conducting LCA’s studies, making environmental product declarations, and supporting with setting sustainability targets and strategies.
We support our clients with:
- Performing quantitative analyses evaluating environmental, economic and social aspects of services and products;
- Executing certified LCA studies and LCA screening studies according to ISO14040/44;
- Apply LCA to support EPDs, PEF, product claims and eco-labelling;
- Complete ISO 14025 Type III, ISO 14021, and sector-specific EPDs;
- Advise on and complete REACH compliance documentation and related activities.
- Design and support in corporate sustainability reporting systems, including strategy development and target setting (science-based targets)
- Help you calculate carbon emissions under your direct control (scope 1 emissions) as well as your organisation’s indirect (scope 2 and 3) emissions.
- Support in developing communication statements and claims around the environmental benefits of the product using data-driven insights.
The range of projects for a diverse set of clients illustrates the vast experience we have with working in the chemicals and coating industry.
The chemicals & coating industry
With the ongoing transition towards more circular and bio-based systems, EU authorities such as ECHA and EFSA are implementing new and updated regulatory requirements to ensure the chemical safety of substances used by professionals as well as consumers. Ecomatters is highly involved in the field of chemical regulatory compliance. We support our clients in the base chemical industry, (chemical) recyclers, and bio-based material producers with the data requirements for among others, REACH, The Waste Framework Directive, End-of-Waste assessments, and many other legislations.
Some of our clients in chemicals & coating
Related News Items
Are you curious to more of our thoughts on chemicals & coating? Here are some of our news articles related to the topic.