Corporate Sustainability Reporting
A sustainability report is a report published by a company or organisation disclosing the economic, environmental, and social impacts of its activities. It also presents the organisation’s values, management approach, governance model, and demonstrates the link between its strategy and its commitment to a sustainable global economy. Sustainability reporting can help to understand carbon performance, set goals, manage change more effectively, and communicate sustainability performance to external stakeholders and customers.
Businesses all over the world are paying more attention to using resources more responsibly and are looking for sustainability support. Measuring and reporting your greenhouse gas (GHG) emissions will help your business understand its carbon sources, identify opportunities to reduce emissions and costs, improve your reputation, and manage long-term business risks.
Benefits of sustainability reporting for companies include:
- Using the insights gained through footprinting as a baseline for strategy development to identify significant carbon and cost reductions, see opportunities, and set targets.
- Understanding the broader reporting landscape and how to maximise the reputation gains from the demonstration of good environmental management and sustainability.
- Using verification or certification schemes to communicate to customers and stakeholders.
- Measuring scope 3 (indirect emissions) and supply chain emissions. These are increasingly a part of voluntary schemes such as the GRI and CDP and can expose current and future risks as well as unlock cost savings in your supply chain.
Integrated reporting (IR) is the summary report in which businesses share with investors and stakeholders how they operate sustainably and how strategy, governance, performance and prospects create value for the short, medium and long term. IR is different from traditional financial reporting in the sense that it aims to involve more stakeholders for greater collaboration amongst different facets of an organisation
To support companies in developing IR the International Integrated Reporting Council (IIRC) launched the Integrated Reporting Framework in 2013. This framework guides companies through developing integrated reporting along six capitals: financial capital, manufacturing capital, human capital, social and relationship capital, intellectual capital, and natural capital.
Ecomatters provides sustainability support in many capacities. Our strategic advice, target-setting, and reporting service can help you ensure that your organisation’s reporting meets regulatory requirements as well as your corporate objectives. Ecomatters offers a full range of services for small to large multinational corporations.
It is our priority to work closely with you to go beyond the numbers and make sustainability mean something productive for your business. In order to offer effective support, we are up to date on the global standards for emissions and carbon calculation methods. These methods include the Carbon Disclosure Project, Global Reporting Initiative, Integrated Reporting Framework, and the various LCA ISO standards.
Our experts can:
- Design and support in corporate carbon reporting systems.
- Help your organisation measure carbon emissions under your direct control (scope 1 and 2 emissions) as well as your organisation’s indirect (scope 3) emissions.
- Corporate sustainability reporting that is Green House Gas Protocol, Global Reporting Initiative and Carbon Disclosure compliant.
- Gap-analysis current scope 1, 2 & 3 emissions and requirements for GHG, GRI, Carbon disclosure project compliance.
- Value chain analysis, development of customised tools and marketing activities.
- Support in calculations of the environmental footprint of products or the organisation.
- Support in the review or audit process of sustainability reporting as part of the annual report or Carbon Disclosure project.
Related case studies
Ecomatters has had a cooperative relationship with AkzoNobel Sustainability in providing sustainability…
UCB is a global biopharma company focused on severe diseases…
Call with our consultant
Do you want to know more about how we can help? Schedule a call with one of our consultants to ask your questions.