Ecomatters performed the Product Environmental Footprint (PEF) screening study on decorative paints for CEPE — the European Council of the Paint, Printing Ink and Artists’ Colours Industry. The primary goal of the project was to pilot the newly developed PEF methodologies within the paint industry in Europe.
To do this, six reference products were selected to represent the four main categories of decorative paints. Then, the products were evaluated and analyzed according to the PEF guidelines. The results were used to support the development of the Product Environmental Footprint Category Rules (PEFCR) for the decorative paints product group and to test the methodology.
Ecomatters applied their expertise and took a flexible approach to contribute to the project. This included:
- Autonomous execution of the analysis based on defined questions
- Adjustment to the project requirements, goal, and scope
- Specific and deep knowledge of PEF/LCA methodologies
- Flexible and effective feedback and presentation of results
- Efficient execution of the study and report